Friday, June 5, 2015

Lolita Blog Carnival: A Brand I Love But Don't Own - Moi meme Moitie


Moi meme Moitie Head Designer, Mana
For me, Moi meme Moitie was the Lolita brand that started it all for me. The main reason I fell in love with Lolita Fashion so many years ago (about 8 years ago now) was because I fell in love with Mana, and Malice Mizer and Moi dix Mois - the music in turn led me to Gothic Lolita, and thus the obsession was born.



You would think that Moitie would have been my first brand piece, but unfortunately I absolutely could not afford this brand for many many years. I opted for of course, making my own pieces when starting out in the fashion, as well as obtaining pieces from other cheaper or more attainable brands (the majority of my brand closet is Btssb/Alice and the Pirates - and more of the latter - and Innocent World.)


They are often simplistic in design, the pieces overall, but I think that's the beauty in it. The cuts are also often quite flattering. Almost everything is grounded in black as a default, with a few deviations in pure White or Ivory. I'm more partial to the Black pieces myself.


I also love how architectural the prints are. Architecture is one of my most favorite themes in Lolita prints, so I love a bunch of Moitie prints for this reason. They hold the prize in this theme for sure in my eyes. I mean, how can we forget the infamous Iron Gate?


But I've been wondering more and more why I don't have anything from Moitie! I mean, it's just such a beautiful brand, and I am a true Gothic Lolita at heart. I should have my Gothic card revoked for not owning a piece by now! It's definitely one of my major goals for the year. But I don't want just any old dress, I want a piece that I truly desire. I'm sure most of my favorites are expensive or difficult to attain, but I've waited this long, I really think it's time.


Thank you for reading! Be sure to check out the other participants posts on this topic!



No comments:

Post a Comment